Wednesday 13 April 2011

Story Corner Cushions - Part of the NEW Embellish Baby Nursery Range

Well its been a while since I last posted and I have been busy trying to design a new Nursery Range. My little family will be expecting a new addition in August - another little girl who we have chosen to name Grace.

Due to Grace's arrival it has spured me on to upgrade Rubys room to a 'big girls room' which means removing all the 'nursery furniture' and replacing it with alternatives. So the custom bed I designed is on order, and should be with us shortly, the built in wardrobe is being fitted with a clothes rail and shelf (thank you daddy) - however my biggest hurdle was thinking of how I was going to remove the rocking chair. Ruby has her bedtime milk and story cuddled up on the chair with me or daddy, however as my Grace shaped bump grows bigger and bigger its becoming more and more difficult. So speaking with my sister who is a qualified nanny, we came up with a brilliant idea of a 'story corner' with giant cushions for us to snuggle down into a read a good book!

So here they are:


Four personalised cushions, I have carried on the butterfly theme which already exsists in Rubys room because of her mural. And was inspired by a Camelot/Princess lamp I brought her when she was only a few weeks old.
The specific crown shape I have created here is simple and basic and gives the hint of royalty, it will also play a major part in her bed design too! (keep an eye out for that soon)


These two cushions are the smaller of the two, they are 18 inch cushion pads and are costed at £12.99 each (which includes the cushion pad) 

All the detail on the cushion is hand stitched and the designs are unique to Embellish Baby. 


And these are the larger cushions - they are 27 inch cushion pads and are costed at £20.00 each.

Again all detail is hand stitched (even each panel of the patchwork cover is hand stitched) and the designs are unique to Embellish Baby.


I can offer just the cushion covers with no pad and alter the size if you already have cushion pads you wish to revamp! And I will also be doing a few 'boys' ones too soon as I have quite a few pregnant friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment